The Papillion-La Vista Schools Foundation Grant Program is designed to encourage unique and innovative ideas that will improve the educational process and enhance the learning experience of students in the district.
Grant applications may be submitted at any time, with two funding cycles each year.
The 2020 due dates are October 18, 2020 and February 26, 2021. Download your application today!
Grant notifications are made the month after the due date. Funds for approved grants are available for 12 months.
Goals of the Grants Program Include:
- Increasing student learning in areas related to the grant
- Building connections with families and the community
- Improving student academic performance and social behavior
- Inspiring innovation in teaching and learning
- Developing a collaborative teacher learning community
- Serving as a pilot for possible District-wide implementation
Priorities will be given to grant applications which:
- Collaborate across school boundaries. Example, a project that would be of benefit to students at multiple schools will have higher priority.
- Collaborate between teams of two or more teachers to support innovative projects in a particular academic area.
- Incorporate matching funds or community resources.
- Demonstrate potential widespread application.
- Are research based to show effective results.
- Are not currently eligible for support through the school’s budget.
|Projects considered low priority include:||Projects that will not be funded include:|
|Registration fees||Staff salaries|
|Rental fees||Regular classroom materials|
|Replicated projects||Programs of limited benefit|
Once selected, the grant recipient should be able to work on implementation immediately. Any Papillion La Vista Community Schools employee, with the support of his or her principal or supervisor, is eligible to submit a grant request. Students or non-employees may ask a District employee to submit an application on their behalf.