The work of the Papillion-La Vista Schools Foundation would not be possible without the our giving community: alumni, parents, Kids Club families, district staff, businesses, and local leaders. Your volunteering, attendance at events like the Swing for Kids Golf Tournament and Gala, one-time giving, planned gifts, and so much more, have built a strong foundation of support to our schools.
Because of you, the Papillion-La Vista Schools Foundation has contributed $331,900 to Papillion La Vista Community Schools this semester alone. This money helps support a number of programs for students and educators, providing opportunities that would not otherwise be possible. These opportunities include:
- 27 graduating seniors received $1,000 scholarships for post-secondary education.
- District 4th graders were able to visit the historic Portal School, Sautter Farmhouse, and Papillion City Hall to enhance their history curriculum.
- Middle school students were given extra help in reading and math when they needed it most.
- All elementary students were given the opportunity to experience age-appropriate performing arts.
- Every 6th grade student had the opportunity to experience Outdoor Ed at no cost to their families.
- High school students learned while exploring career interests through Career Academies.
- Parent volunteers helped give kids safe and fun opportunities during prom and graduation through Post Prom and Graduate Safe activities.
- Elementary students and families in need were given over $40,000 in scholarships to attend Kids Club.
Kids Club out-of-school day sites will be open November 22, 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM for pre-registered families. All sites and the Foundation office will be closed November 23-24 as we enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday.Read More
Awarding grants to teachers is one of our favorite activities at the Papillion-La Vista Schools Foundation! Here are a few photos as we begin to present our Fall 2017 Teacher Grants.Read More