Maximize Your Tax Benefits: 6 Important Year-End Giving Deadlines
When you make a gift to Papillion-La Vista Schools Foundation this year, the students and you benefit. Your generosity enables us to carry out our mission to provide additional opportunities for students and educators in Papillion La Vista Community Schools. You are able to choose how your gift is used and receive a charitable deduction on your income taxes when you itemize. To receive these benefits, however, you must time your gift appropriately.
Connect the Dots for Giving by Dec. 31
- Cash: All contributions sent through the mail are usually deductible if they are mailed by midnight on Dec. 31.
- Stock: Deductible on the date it is fully transferred (if done electronically) to our books—not the date you ask your broker to make the transfer.
- Real estate: Considered complete on the date a properly executed deed is delivered to us (in most states).
- Tangible personal property: Complete once the property is delivered to us.
- Life insurance: Considered complete on the date you sign the paperwork transferring ownership to the Papillion-La Vista Schools Foundation, assuming you properly forward the form on to the insurance company.
- IRA charitable rollover gifts: Gifts must be completed by Dec. 31 for you to receive the tax benefits this special donation opportunity offers.
Thank you for your support! It is because of your generosity that we are able to carry out our mission.
This time of year is all about giving back. Here are a few simple ways you can support our schools at no additional cost to you.Read More
With support from alumni, parents, friends, and community, the Papillion-La Vista Schools Foundation helps provide outstanding opportunities to students and educators in Papillion La Vista Community Schools. Consider a gift to your favorite program this holiday season.Read More