Maximize Your Tax Benefits: 6 Important Year-End Giving Deadlines
When you make a gift to Papillion-La Vista Schools Foundation this year, the students and you benefit. Your generosity enables us to carry out our mission to provide additional opportunities for students and educators in Papillion La Vista Community Schools. You are able to choose how your gift is used and receive a charitable deduction on your income taxes when you itemize. To receive these benefits, however, you must time your gift appropriately.
Connect the Dots for Giving by Dec. 31
- Cash: All contributions sent through the mail are usually deductible if they are mailed by midnight on Dec. 31.
- Stock: Deductible on the date it is fully transferred (if done electronically) to our books—not the date you ask your broker to make the transfer.
- Real estate: Considered complete on the date a properly executed deed is delivered to us (in most states).
- Tangible personal property: Complete once the property is delivered to us.
- Life insurance: Considered complete on the date you sign the paperwork transferring ownership to the Papillion-La Vista Schools Foundation, assuming you properly forward the form on to the insurance company.
- IRA charitable rollover gifts: Gifts must be completed by Dec. 31 for you to receive the tax benefits this special donation opportunity offers.
Thank you for your support! It is because of your generosity that we are able to carry out our mission.
Recognizing that teachers are the heart and backbone of the tradition of educational excellence in Papillion La Vista Community Schools, Bob and Karen Fase honor the individuals who have dedicated their lives to preparing students to reach their full potential. The first Fase Family Fund for Educator Excellence awards were given for Educator Recognition.Read More
Staff Spotlight features members of the Kids Club & Foundation staff and highlights all of the exciting things they get to do at work! Meet Anna Siggers, PR Intern.Read More
Learn more about one of our 2017 Legendary Educator Hall of Fame award recipients, Janey Sommers.Read More